A dental implant is a screw-like dental device made of titanium that is surgically and strategically placed on the jawbone to serve as the missing roots. Once healed, dental prostheses such as dental crowns, bridges, and dentures are attached to serve as the teeth replacement. What sets it apart to other procedures is its ability to restore the overall structure that was once lost than relying on the surrounding teeth for support.
At Basin Dentistry, we help our patients with their dental concerns by offering only the best possible treatments available depending on their condition and needs. We make sure that the procedures we perform would provide favorable results for their overall health and wellness. For missing teeth, we provide Dental Implants as an effective solution which offers permanent, durable, stable, comfortable, and natural-looking teeth replacement.
Interesting Facts about Dental Implants
- The demand for the treatment shows on the figures given by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, according to them there are around 3 million people in the U.S who have dental implants. The numbers provided are still increasing by 500,000 each year!
- The durability of the implants that serves as the replacement roots are comparable to guided missiles and space shuttles since they are made from the same materials – titanium!
- Dental implants offer a fortunate side effect for overall oral health. Due to osseointegration – the formation of a natural fusion between the bone and implant post – it promotes the growth of bone in the jaw which further strengthens the support of the teeth and other remaining structures.
- In the ancient times, there were also attempts in replacing missing teeth. Materials such as iron, copper, shells, stones, bones, animal or human teeth, and more were used and inserted into the jawbone. Although some were believed to have been inserted post-mortem, others show signs of regeneration like bone growth proving it was successful.
- Dental implants cannot get cavities since it is an entirely artificial replacement but proper hygiene, care, checkups, and cleanings should be performed regularly. The health of the remaining teeth and oral structures should be preserved to ensure the longevity and support of the dental implants for better function.
Get a missing teeth restoration that offers durability, stability, convenience, and comfort to achieve healthy, natural-looking teeth with Dental Implants!
Get healthy, natural-looking, and permanent teeth restoration with Dental Implants in Andrews, TX! Contact us to book your appointment with Basin Dentistry; we are located at 1321 N Main St. Andrews TX 79714.