Halitosis is the medical term used to describe bad breath, gum disease, cavities or other infections in the mouth are common causes of bad breath.
Everyone can experience bad breath from time-to-time, especially if you enjoy certain foods and beverages. However, if you struggle with persistent and severe bad breath not caused by food, it could be a sign of disease.
Persistent and severe bad breath can hinder your self-confidence, especially in social situations.
The American Dental Association recognizes halitosis as a common dental issue and recommends the following to avoid bad breath:
- Brushing and flossing habitually, especially after meals
- Use professional or over-the-counter grade mouthwash
- Clean your dentures often
- Keep saliva flowing in your mouth with sugar-free gum
- Quit smoking
- Visit your dentist every six months (or more, based on your individual treatment plan)
If you suffer from bad breath, let us help you find the cause and fix the problem. You deserve a beautiful smile and fresh, pleasing breath – contact us today.