Missing teeth is an unavoidable yet common condition experienced by many people. Once a person lost a tooth or two, it is highly advised by dentists to have it restored as early as possible to avoid its adverse effects. If left unattended, it can cause changes in the bone and facial structure due to bone loss as well as gum recession.
The effects of missing teeth can also cause dental irregularities like misalignments since the teeth surrounding the site may shift in an attempt to fill in the gaps. Orthodontics is required to have the misalignments corrected to avoid any other complications. The psychological well-being of a person is also at risk due to lower self-esteem and higher self-consciousness. They tend to avoid talking or smiling when with other people since they worry about being embarrassed if someone will notice their missing teeth.
Our dental professionals at Basin Dentistry are committed to delivering only the best treatments and procedures available for the overall dental health care of our patients. We closely work with our patients to find the right cure they need based on their condition and preference. For missing teeth restorations, we offer complete or partial Dentures which provides functionality and natural-looking aesthetics for overall wellness and health.
Dentures are made of a gum-colored acrylic base with pontics (fake teeth) that closely resembles the appearance of the original teeth.
Partial dentures are usually shaped, depending on the location of its placement with metal wires attached as support.
Complete dentures are shaped like a horseshoe for the lower jaw while the upper denture covers the palate (roof of the mouth) for its support.
Benefits of Dentures
- Restores the function of the teeth that was once lost;
- Improves digestion by providing a replacement for missing teeth which helps in dividing the force on the entire teeth when chewing;
- Holds the teeth in place to prevent it from shifting, it usually occurs due to the gaps on which healthy teeth attempt to fill in;
- Missing teeth can sometimes cause speech changes; certain words may be more difficult to pronounce.
- Dentures help improve speech and restore normal speaking style.
- Improves psychological well-being by providing a solution to a dental concern that keeps patients from smiling and speaking to other people due to the worry of embarrassment.
- Boosts confidence by offering a natural-looking aesthetic for patients to smile to their heart’s content.
- It allows patients to remove dentures for more effective cleaning; it helps in the prevention of other dental complications that may cause harm to the remaining teeth and oral structures.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dentures in Midland, TX, or to schedule your appointment with Basin Dentistry. We are located at 5016 Briarwood Ave. Midland TX 79707.