Basin Dentistry wants each patient to feel cared for in all dental situations. We offer emergency dental services as part of our general dentistry treatments to provide you and your family peace of mind. You can trust that the team at Basin Dentistry will be there if there is an emergency situation requiring immediate attention from the dentist. Dental emergencies can be stressful and scary, often leaving patients wondering what to do next. If you or a family member experiences a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to contact one of the team members at Basin Dentistry.
If you or a family member has a tooth knocked out or damaged:
- Call to schedule an emergency appointment.
- Properly handle the tooth by the crown, staying away from the root. Touching the root of the tooth could potentially cause further damage hindering bone reattachment.
- Carefully rinse the tooth in water to remove any impurities; but, never scrub the tooth.
- Because it is important to not let the tooth dry out, if possible, return the tooth to the pocket inside the mouth.
- If you cannot keep the tooth inside the pocket, wrap it in a clean, dry cloth and cover with milk or saliva.
Other dental emergencies that require immediate assistance are: fractured tooth, teeth that have been pushed out of position, extreme pain caused by tooth decay or gum disease. Additionally, if you experience an injury inside the mouth it is imperative to see the dentist as soon as possible. Contact us today for more information about our emergency dental services.